This week has been a busy one with a lot of group sessions. In one of the sessions, a participant came up to me in the end and asked me, whether wearing Hijab at office going to make her look less formal.
A very unique situation to her, so we discussed some solutions. If you are wearing or want to wear a hijab to work here’s what you need to keep in mind to look formal.
- Where a Hijab Cap. It helps to keep the shawls and the hair in place so you don’t need to keep adjusting it throughout the day.
- Choose shawls made of fabrics like cotton and viscose holds shape and are great for full day wear.
- Solid color hijabs are the best, but if you are going for a pattern keep it small and geometric.
- There are many draping styles (Read here), however choose a style that is more structured to look formal.
- Avoid big hijab accessories like pins, and brooches. If you need it use a small pin to keep things in place.